1. Ellie sees a glimpse of her first snow flurries. As much as I love California- and being a Californian- I am somehow totally content that Eliana is a Chicago baby. It just seems so appropriate since this is where T & I met, fell in love, & have lived all of our married lives. I'm so happy she'll have Chicago rooted deep down in her heart always.
With that being said.
I hate the snow.
And I think she does too. ;)
2. Ellie's toys & books are multiplying by the day it seems. Which is such a joyful sight for this mommy! I LOVE when she gets new stuff- it feels like Christmas day when I show her something new & I can't wait to see how she's going to respond to it. Most of the time I'm more excited about her toys than she is- but whatever. I've been working & spending Christmas money on a sweet little spot for all her toys. It's in the front of the house, in the same room as T's office.
A date! How nice this was. Taylor's brother was staying with us for a bit before Moody started classes again & we were able to leave Ellie with him & sneak out for a coffee/tea date at our favorite coffee shop.
You guys. We're doing this cah-razy diet thing. My mom, husband & I. No sugar, no gluten, no preservatives, no dairy. Paleo on steroids. Whole30. So we eat meat, veggies, tons of eggs, fruit & some nuts & olives. That is about it, folks. Everything from scratch. Everything good for you. My cravings for a diet coke, and T's for a cheeseburger are strong. But we're on day 11 & have not cheated once! I think I am starting to feel more clear headed & bright eyed than I have in a long time. I'm curious to see how much money it will end up being in the end (we're buying the cleanest meat & eggs possible- & the fruit & veggies are not all organic, but are all from Whole Foods). We haven't eaten out at all though this month because it'd be way too hard with the restrictions- so that part of our budget added to our grocery budget might help. My poor budgeting hubby. ;) At first I truly hated it & wanted to hurt the people that invented it- but now I'm thinking- it's not that bad! It's a lot of friggin work, and that may be my biggest complaint. I spend a lot of time at that stove there.
1. It's freezing here & I cannot drink enough tea. Also. My mom made this incredibly beautiful gray shawl & it goes everywhere with me. She's so handy at crocheting & over Christmas taught me some stitches. I'm excited to work on a scarf & try my hand at it!
2. My little girl in her leg warmers. She is just a couple weeks away from being 6 months old & I am dying over how fun she is! She truly is sunshine to my heart every single day. My pregnancies knocked me out guys. Spiritually, emotionally, & for sure physically. I feel like I'm finally starting to lift my head out of the fog for the first time in a year & a half- but even in those foggy, confusing & dark days- Ellie could always get a smile out of me. She is just the cheeriest little one I've ever met. So thankful she's ours.
1. I'm learning so much about staying at home with Ellie. I think some people will always have the perception that stay-at-home moms sit around all day- and that's fine. But it's just so not true. I'm not going to debate that it's harder or easier than a working mom's life- because I just have no idea. But it's a reality that staying at home 24/7 with your baby is hard work. It's hard, and it's rewarding, and it's beautiful, & it's hard again. And I'm learning that taking a quick break is absolutely necessary! T is back in school part time, and working full time so we're trying to juggle raising E without family here...which is so hard...but with the two of us I can at least get a break every couple days even if it's just to run to the grocery store without Ellie. So helpful.
2. This one breaks my heart. Our friends Dave & Sarah are moving to Taiwan at the end of this month. Over the years we've gotten to know them through church & outside of church- and we just love them. Sarah is one of those girls in Chicago that I feel really comfortable around. I feel like she gets me. And she's so joyful. Her & her husband are absolutely so precious to us- as is their sweet baby girl growing inside of Sarah. Their daughter has some possible health issues that are truly very scary- so if you ever think about them- pray. Pray on behalf of their sweet girl. And you can keep up with their story here.
1. I hate the winter. That's all I have to say.
2. I feel a photography bug. It's been a long time since I've felt like getting my DSLR out & playing on photoshop. A long time. And it feels really, really good to want to play with it again. Really good.
I feel like I talked way too much just now.
How are you?
How's your January going so far?
How's your January going so far?